Tuesday 29 November 2016

Task 3d.

Do some very specific ideas emerge about your networking and sources? Does your engagement to date seem appropriate? Limited? Focused? Planned? Unplanned?

I would say so far task 3 has been the most challenging for me to Engadge with. The other tasks I found a lot easier to relate to my professional practice, where as task three has been something a little more unfamiliar with different concepts and themes which has required a lot more focus. I've also felt a little rushed with this task so I've felt a little unorganised and Unplanned. However, it has become very clear networks are alot more integrated into our lives than we originally thought. I knew it was an important way of developing a performing career but I was unaware of all the finer detail of what it entails. These tasks have opened my eyes to the much bigger picture.

Are your ideas, position or concerns shared by others within and or beyond your professional area of work?


I'd say my concerns are about completing the final essay for module one. Looking at other people's blogs it seems everyone is apprehensive about this. Also, my lack of understanding for the concept of social construction In task 3b. Is shared by others from what i can see which makes me feel a little better but it is something I really do want to research more.


Does sharing ideas and communicating with others shift your thinking, planning or practice?

Using the BAPP course as an example, the sharing of ideas via our blogs gives you the opportunity to further your initial ideas by exploring other people's points of view. It's a way of developing your personal learning by sharing ideas with fellow students, this has helped me significantly so far on the course. I also find communticating with my fellow teaching coaches allows me to gain knowledge about things maybe I havnt experienced but they have, sharing ways of dealing with different situations we are faced with daily but I never knew there was a back ground concept and ideas behind this method such as connectivism.

Does critical reflection help you decide what really matters and the actions to take?
Reflection was something I was doing religiously with in my job but again without much thought about how it is influential and beneficial it actually is. Whilst writting my journal that I have started for this course, I have began to see how recording actions and feelings can really help with future planning and processes. This task has allowed me to look inwardly and answer questions about my self that have really brought out the things I feel passionate about and made me think of ways to push, grow and develop these ideas and how I'm going to do this. After reflecting in task 2d. About things we love/makes us sad etc...it has made me even more determined to complete this course to allow me to gain my pgce to reach the higher education sector.


To what extent do concepts and theories assist you in thinking about your professional networking is different ways? And do these different ways of thinking have some purpose for you?


I am now aware of the different concepts regards to networking unlike before this task. I never knew the different networking relationships and there importance to being a professional networker. I can now be aware of how I use these within my profession and when it is appropriate to do so. Such as be aware of the fine line that is included with in affiliation concept, being professional as well as friendly. Keeping them separate is difficult but achieveable with a little thought if you assess each situation.

Are you left thinking different to this part of the module? If so, why?

I've briefly mentioned above that this task has opened my eyes to the different concepts that networking actually includes. I've always know it is a huge part of people's daily lives but I never knew the ins and outs of the ideas behind it. It's something I've used for a long time with no real thought to what it is we are actually using. The concepts and theories have really opened my eyes to the world of networking and how it is used it different manners.

No comments:

Post a Comment