Monday 3 October 2016

Task 1a.


Just a quick brief update of the first task and what I'm thinking :)

-Professional profile.

As everyone knows a CV is something that communicates to an employer information about our skills and our character to help us in our working life to potentially secure a job whatever that may be.

As I am a dancer/performer and also a teacher, I have found having two CV's with the relevant information on each regarding the two different job types I'd be applying for  makes a lot of sense.

Whilst training at college they guided us on how to create our performing CV which you take along to auditions or apply to agencies/castings etc with, so for me my performing CV would probably be the one needing the least work as long as I keep it up to date and a few tweeks here and there and also keeping up with trends of the Industry.

Which leads me on to my general CV which you would use to apply for a job in something such as retail/teaching/administration for example. Mine includes details about my character as well as school grades. After reviewing it and gaining others opinions I have learnt that I need to keep detail short and too the point and be careful of writing a 'story'. Reviewing my CV each time I apply for a job making sure it is aimed at the correct target audience.

This task has given me the opportunity to adjust both my CV's however this will be an on going process over the duration of the course and beyond.

Here's an example of my performing CV :)


1 comment:

  1. the 2 CV approach is useful - thanks for image to show design

    ReplyDelete