Tuesday 15 November 2016

2b. 9 writing styles

After reading task 2b. I thought I may as well start straight away by combing 2a and 2b together. So I decided due to lack of time (running a little behind) I would take 1 week to reflect on my lessons that I teach and try out the 9 different writing styles to see which I found best at the same time as starting my journal.

By day 3 I'd already found that 'what if?' And 'another view' just weren't the writing styles for me as I found they became rambling on about things that probably weren't going to be beneficial to my reflection process in the future.

It took me less than the week I had allocated to decide on my preferred reflection style of writing or should I say 3! I have discovered that encorperating list, diagrams, and evaluation helps me to write my thoughts /feelings and experiences in a clear way that will make sense to me when I look back on them later down the line.

I started off by listing keys points of things I felt relevant throughout the lesson. I then transferred them Into a spider diagram with those points around the outside such as:
-Event
-Activities
-What worked/didn't
-Things I learnt
-Feelings/thoughts
-Feedback
Then under each category I expanded them using description/evaluation. I've found doing this allows me to write in sections about important and relevant things rather than covering insignificant parts that don't need to be looked back on.

I've found using colour breaks up the information making it easier to process and will also help when looking back at a later date. (Makes it a little more fun and creative too.)

Over the task I found my self reverting back to wanting to just summarise my lessons as I do this on a day to day basis already. This method forces me to fill in the sections that make me reflect on a personal level rather than a quick overview like I am used to which I am finding beneficial. Hopefully this will continue to encourage me to get into the habit of writing more personally over the time of the course.






No comments:

Post a Comment