Sunday 13 November 2016

Task 2a. Reflective practice.

So looking over this part of the module these were some of the things that came to mind...

I have never been one to keep a diary or journal. However, I am the kind of person who is always making lists, planning out my lessons before teaching them, even down to writing out an important email or piece of work such as an essay on paper before processing it onto the computer (even down to a spider diagram before blogging this!)I also have a phone full of 'notes' where I keep reminders and lists and anything that springs to mind that I think I may need to look back on.

As part of my current job as a dance and drama coach, part of our role is to fill in 'brief sheets' after every session about areas we covered, milestones achieved and plans for the next lesson. So in one sense I am already using reflection on my teaching sessions on a daily basis. Although, these are more for the offices benefit to keep track of what their teachers are delivering rather than on a personal level for my self.

I think I am going to write a journal in a book form where I can store ideas, diagrams and lists as these are things I already do but make them more personal, about my feelings and thoughts and my own progress within my practice.

This is going to be something very different for me as I'm going to have to adapt what I already do now religiously as part of a job, into something which is on a much more personal level which is going to be a new process.

No comments:

Post a Comment