Wednesday 8 March 2017

Slight change in idea...


So a little delayed with posting this but last week me and Amelia met up for a coffee to discuss our options for moduel 2. Me and amelia trained at the same drama school and are both looking at going down the teaching route. We live in the same area so we thought this could be our own way of doing an SIG group as we can meet up regularly, as well as being involved in other people's groups.


After telling her my ideas my train of thought shifted to a particular topic "how has the change in society of today affected my teaching style" (along those lines)

Lots of ideas and "subheadings" came under this which I could explore:

- How has discipline changed over the years and why?
- Teaching multilingual classes
- Working with different cultures
- Policies with in schools and how they have adapted.
- Safe guarding.

Perhaps look at how choreographers work with different performers and over come the different language barrier as choreography is an interest of mine.

These ideas relate to my current proffesion as I work in various schools with various pupils from all back grounds. Sometimes it can be a challenge such as language barriers when teaching. This topic is something that really interests me and I think once I do my research and find out more, it will benefit me with in my career not only now but also for the future.

I've started looking at different literature to help my ideas but if anyone has any suggestions or thoughts then feel free to share! :)


2 comments:

  1. was such a good day! really productive

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes agree - updates - the literature is so important - so some expert sources and see what they say - society changes so teaching styles are a part of that - can you get more specific about the teaching? in later blogs you mention a new position so that will be easier - at the end of the day - the topic 'slice' should align well to your inquiry - have you found any 'historical' accounts? or will you need to add that to your interviews?

    ReplyDelete